Below is a representation of the herd in its entirety, very colourful, mostly quite different, like the books that match the themes.
The last three squares were filled by Ali Smith's Artful (Favourite Re-read), Albert Camus' Hochzeit des Lichts (Summer word in Title), and Nella Larsen's Passing (Terrible Cover).
To explain the last two, I could not find a readily available edition of Camus' collection L'Ete (i.e. "Summer") in English, so opted for the German translation which is combined with another collection of Camus' (Noces) - I guess the editor thought it clever to combine both French titles for the German edition.
Nella Larsen's Passing has my nomination for "terrible cover" because of the choice of white colour and insipid font that disappears into the background image. I can't stand it when cover designers make it hard to figure out the title and author of a book. Given the great choice of background image, the cover artist could have done much better with the incorporation of the title/author.
Anyway, .... here they all are:
1. Beach, sand, or sun on the cover: The Outsider by Albert Camus
2. New to me author: The Egypt Game by Zilpha Keatley Snyder
3. First book of a new series: The Adventures of Tintin - Volume 1 by Herge
4. Adapted for the big screen: Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates
5. Historical Fiction: The Garden of Evening Mists by Tan Twan Eng
6. Comic book: Asterix and the Goths by Uderzo & Goscinny
7. Published June, July or August 2016: Invincible Summer by Alice Adams
8. Comfort Read: Towards Zero by Agatha Christie
9. Read in a boat, tent or cabin: Run, Don't Walk by Adele Levine (I read almost the entire book on planes and trains.)
10. On my shelf for more than a year: From Russia, With Love by Ian Fleming
11. Romance: Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
12. Dead Author: Death and What Comes Next by Terry Pratchett
13. Free Space
14. Summer word in title: Hochzeit des Lichts by Albert Camus
15. Hard book: Flight by Sherman Alexie
16. Travel: Juliet Takes a Breath by Gabby Rivera
19. More than 400 pages: Escape to Life by Erika and Klaus Mann
20. Favourite re-read: Artful by Ali Smith (*original review from first read)
21. YA or Children's: Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
22. Space opera / Sci-fi: Han Solo At Stars' End by Brian Daley
23. Read on Vacation: Consumption by Kevin Patterson
24. Terrible cover: Passing by Nella Larsen
25. Fantasy: The Light Fantastic by Terry Pratchett