The Tag...

Thanks to Kate (The Realist) for the tag.
OK, here we go...

1. What was the last book you marked as 'Read'?
A Short Walk from Harrods by Dirk Bogarde.

I hadn't read any of his books before so it was quite fascinating - especially since I had the audiobook read by the author.

2. What are you 'Currently Reading'?
Several books - a total hodge-podge in fact:

Stamboul Train - Graham Greene
Nocturnes - Kazuo Ishiguro

Erinnerungen - Willy Brandt

Game, Set, Match: Billie Jean King and the Revolution in Women's Sports - Susan Ware

Love, Break, Service, Victory: A Tale from the Titanic - Lindsay Gibbs

Macbeth: Man & Myth - Nick Aitchison

Offbeat - A collection of 10 Quirky Short Stories - David Heaton

Dracula - Bram Stoker

Plötzlich Shakespeare - David Safier

3. What was the last book you marked as 'To-Read'?
Dust and Shadow: An Account of the Ripper Killings by Dr. John H. Watson - Lyndsay Faye

4. What book do you plan to read next?

From my currently reading pile: probably Willy Brandt's Erinnerungen (Memoirs) simply because the next time I have time to read will be on a long-haul flight to Houston.

And this book deserves my uninterrupted attention - it is that brilliant.

From my TBR shelf, probably nothing in a while - at least until I have finished a few more from my currently reading stack.

5. Do you use the star rating system?
Yes, but I am a conservative rater. So, my ratings may be slightly off kilter with other readers. I reserve my 5 stars for books which truly have a lasting impact on me.

6. Are you doing a 2014 reading challenge?
Yes. My goal is to read at least 100 books this year.

7. Do you have a wishlist?
Yes and no. I don;t really see a difference between a wishlist and my TBR.

8. What book do you want to buy next?
I'm not planning on buying anything anytime soon. My kindle is fully loaded and there are still stacks of unread books on my physical shelves.

9. Do you have any favorite quotes? Would you like to share a few?

"Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is the noble art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials."
Lin Yutang, The Importance of Living

"People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

10. Who are your favorite authors?

John Steinbeck, J.K. Rowling, Hermann Hesse, Arthur Conan Doyle, Rolf Huchhuth, James Clavell, Kazuo Ishiguro, Graham Greene, Renate Holland-Moritz and probably quite a few others that I am too lazy to type out ... What sort of question is this anyway?!

11. Have you joined any groups?

Yes, but I'm not a very active group participant.

12. Are there any questions you'd like to add to this tag?

Can't think of any right now...

The people I tag are: (unless you've done it already)