The 2020 Mount TBR Project - End of January Update

As in previous years of the Mt. TBR Project, January started off wildy enthusiastic. I got right down to business and weeded out a couple of books that no longer appealed, then read a few quick reads, and rounded it all off with a few more books that aren't actually on my official Mt. TBR shelves, but are on my other shelves - so, I can use these as "book jokers" or "swaps" if I need to. After all, this year's Mt. TBR Project is quite ambitious.

Even without deciding which books to swap out right away, there is already a visible difference to the shelves:

End of January Mt. TBR:

Start of the Year Mt. TBR:

The Stats:

Books read this month: 18 (Jan)

Mt. TBR Books read this month: 8

DNFs this month: 4

Women / Men / Team*: 39% / 61% / 0%

% of original Mt. TBR read: 9%

Available swaps (not made yet): 3

(* - of all books read since 01 January 2020)

Link to the original Mt. TBR (2020) post.

Rules - same as previously - are that I picked a stack of physical books off my shelves at home which I would try to read over the course of the year. If I pick another (yet unread) physical book off my shelves, I get to take one off the Mt. TBR shelves and put it on the regular shelf - as a substitute. In a change from previous years, new purchases (physical books only) will not be added to the Mt. TBR shelves - I will track these separately.