Reading progress update: I've read 35 out of 741 pages.

The Second Sex - Simone de Beauvoir, H.M. Parshley, Deirdre Bair The Second Sex - Simone de Beauvoir, Sheila Malovany-Chevallier, Constance Borde Invisible Women: Exposing Data Bias in a World Designed for Men  - Caroline Criado-Pérez

I started de Beauvoir's magnum opus last October but haven't been able to make a dent into it. Not because it is boring (far from it) or difficult (surprisingly (to me), it's easy to follow), but because I got side-tracked with other books and ... games.

On my return to work after the holidays this morning, I ended up in a social chat with our HR Director who was very enthusiastic about Caroline Criado-Perez' book Invisible Women, which is a book that has been lurking on my TBR for a while also. So, I ended up downloading a sample on my kindle and reading the introduction over my lunch break. (I'll borrow the book from my colleague when she's finished.)

Criado-Perez makes quite a few references to The Second Sex in the first few pages of her book and this in turn gave me the motivation I needed to resolve to finishing The Second Sex

For additional help with this mammoth task - yes, I am intimidated by the size of the book - I've also sourced the audiobook. This should make it even more interesting as the audiobook is the newer but unabridged translation by Constance Borde and Sheila Malovany-Chevallier whereas my paperback is the original 1949 translation by H.M. Parshley.

So, the plan is that I'll try and read a little bit of the book every night, even if it is just for 30 minutes. If I finish the book by the end of the month, brilliant. If it takes longer, that's ok, too.