24 Festive Tasks: Door 20 - Christmas

Door 20:  Christmas - *** Updated ***

Task 1: Share a picture of your holiday decorations.

I added a post about our tree this year - here. I love our tree.

Task 2: Watch a favorite Christmas movie.

I managed to watch the David Suchet adaptation of Hercule Poirot's Christmas before I travelled to Germany. Since then, I have to admit, I haven't watched anything Christmas-themed, but was rather distracted by all of the Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes films and all of the re-runs of 1960s Edgar Wallace adaptations that I found on German tv.

Just the right thing to work through a food coma.

Task 3:  Did your Christmas celebrations include books? Share your book haul pictures with us!

Not a single book! Not even one! I'm still in shock.

However, I did give a book as a present...to a friend who appreciated it.

Task 4: What was the best Christmas / holiday present you ever received – the one that meant the most to you or gave you the greatest joy? (This can be anything; objects / material gifts as well as something someone did for you, or anything else – whatever made that particular holiday especially memorable.)

There were so many of them, and I don't want to choose. But one that was rather special was when a friend (he and I both like Camus' books) gave me a copy of At The Existentialist Cafe last year. It was so unexpected...and just perfect. He didn't know I had already read it but thought I would really like it, and I was just awed because I loved that book.

Another great example is that for the first time EVER my brother put some thought into his present: he caught on that I collect "smoking men" ornaments. And he got me this beautiful little fellow this year:

Book: Read a Christmas book.

I read Hercule Poirot's Christmas for this. One of my favourite annual re-reads.