24 Festive Tasks: Door 11 - Thanksgiving Day

Door 11:  Thanksgiving Day

Task 1:  If you have kids or pets, tell us about something “bad” they did that was so funny you couldn’t help but forgive (“pardon”) them. If you have neither kids nor pets, was there such an event in your own childhood – or with kids or pets in your family or circle of friends?

Skipping.

Task 2: Tell us: Of the books that you read this year, which are you most thankful for, OR was there one that turned out to be full of “stuffing”? Alternatively, which (one) book that you read anytime at all changed your life for the better?”

There were a few books this year that were full of stuffing, but I've moved on and can't even recall the titles.

The thought of books that I have been thankful for this year is much more pleasing.

There is Gaudy Night, of course, which stands out together with its sequel (of sorts) Busman's Honeymoon, but there are lots more books that I am thankful for having read this year:

Olivia Manning's Balkan Trilogy, John Webster's The Duchess of Malfi, Madeleine Miller's Circe, Colm Toibin's House of Names, Raymond Postgate's Verdict of Twelve, John Curran's Agatha Christie's Secret Notebooks, Lindsay Fitzharris' The Butchering Art, Doran and Sher's Woza Shakespeare! and many, many more.

Task 3: Share your favorite turkey or pie recipe.

(wip)

Task 4: Send a friend you’re thankful for having a postcard (in the mail!). Snap a picture of the postcard image (not the message) and share it with us.

Skipping.

Book: Read a book with an autumnal cover, set in New England, where a turkey shows up in the story, with a turkey or pumpkin on the cover, or with the theme of coming together to help a community or family in need.

(wip)