Weekend Reading Plans

Not So Quiet...: Stepdaughters of War - Helen Zenna Smith Hercule Poirot's Christmas - Agatha Christie Perseus in the Wind - Freya Stark Shakespeare And Co.: Christopher Marlowe, Thomas Dekker, Ben Johnson, Thomas Middleton, John Fletcher And The Other Players In His Story - Stanley Wells The Winter's Tale: Arkangel Shakespeare - Ciaran Hinda, William Shakespeare, Sinead Cusack, Paul Jesson, Eileen Atkins, John Gielgud

I have another long weekend coming up and really need it, too. This time of year is really taking it out of me with having to adjust to the lack of daylight. It's not helped that the weather has been really damp, overcast and just crap, too. Today has been the first day in two weeks that has seen some sunshine...tho I was too late to catch the sunrise this morning for the 24 Tasks.

Anyway, I'm looking to finish off the Poirot story tonight. Then hopefully get to go for a good wander tomorrow - the forecast says "baltic but dry" - and finish Not So Quiet, which has been an excellent read but not one I can read "on the fly".

After that, I am looking to make more progress with Shakespeare & Co. and Perseus in the Wind. These are also two books that want to be read at a slower pace. I love Wells' writing and don't want to miss his snark. And I also love Stark's way of pondering about ideas, and I want to give these ideas time to think about them.

What is exciting, tho is that there is a broadcast of the 2015 performance of The Winter's Tale starring Judi Dench and Kenneth Branagh on Wednesday at a cinema near me and I am not going to miss that for anything! So, I will spend some time reading the play this weekend also. I am very excited about this.

And of course, I may just have requested some additional material from my library, including the dvd of Greg Doran's production of the play and Winterson's Hogarth Shakespeare revamp The Gap of Time...