24 Festive Tasks: Door 8 - International Children’s Day

Task 1:  What was your favorite children’s book growing up? Your favorite middle grade book?

I've probably told this before but my mum and gran used to mix in adventure books when reading to me when I was young which is how I first encountered The Count of Monte Cristo, The Three Musketeers, and Jules Verne. Except when my cousin was staying over...then it was invariably Heidi. I still detest Heidi with a passion.

However, before that there were children's books too that I remember.

One was about mice breaking into different house on something akin to a great cheese heist. I can't remember the title or who wrote.

But another definite favourite, another early one, was a book about a fire brigade that never quite got around to sitting down and have a cup of coffee and a sandwich because every time they did, the bell would sound and they'd be off on another call out.

The title of the was Bei der Feuerwehr wird der Kaffee kalt, which doesn't translate well.

The funny thing is, it's not a particularly well-known book, but it apparently has now been turned into a stage play.

Task 2: Rediscover your childhood with a yo-yo, a slinky, - whatever toy you loved from childhood you still have access to, or make and blow some bubbles! Take a picture and share your fun with the rest of us.

(wip)

Task 3: Make some art – draw a picture, or color one in and share the results with us. Free printable bookmarks can be found on Google images

(wip)

Task 4: As a kid, did you enjoy visiting amusement parks and carnivals? Which were your favorite rides or shows? Do you still have any photos, or is there a memorable event you’re happy to share? – Alternatively, if you’re a parent now: Do you visit amusement parks / carnivals with your kids?

I can't say I have ever been excited as a kid about amusement parks. Don't know why, it just wasn't something I was into much.

Book: Read a children’s or YA book or a book where children or teenagers play a significant role, or written by an author who was under the age of 18 at the time of publication.

Thinking about it...