24 Festive Tasks: Door 24 - Epiphany - Tasks

Task 1: Tell us: What’s your favorite trilogy?

This took some deliberation as the series I am a fan of aren't trilogies. There is, however, one, that I love and that I am really keen to re-read (and the follow up with a re-watch of the fabulous adaptation featuring a fantastically creepy Ian Richardson), and that series is:

House of Cards by Michael Dobbs, which includes:

Book 1 - House of Cards

Book 2 - To Play the King

Book 3 - The Final Cut

They are deliciously satirical and set in the midst of Thatcherism - brilliant and so, so creepy.

Btw, I tried watching the US adaptation and abandoned the idea of watching the series after the first episode. I just can't...it's... really not for me.

Task 2:  Chalking the door is an Epiphany tradition in some places, to bless a home for the coming year.  Different patterns exist, with different meanings.  If you could create your own pattern to bless your house next year, what would it look like?

(wip)

Task 3: Compile a post containing one image for every gift mentioned / added in each new verse of The Twelve Days of Christmas (lyrics here: https://www.41051.com/xmaslyrics/twelvedays.html).

Nope. Skipping.

Task 4: Prepare your favorite spicy dish or holiday drink containing spices and share a photo. Also sharing the recipe is optional but welcome!

(wip)

Book: Read a book with three main characters; books about traveling on a journey to a faraway place, a book that’s part of a trilogy, with a star on the cover, with the word “twelve” or “night” in the title, or concerning kings or spices.

I read Im Auto durch zwei Welten by Claerenore Stinnes for this.