24 Festive Tasks: Door 15 - Sinterklaas / St. Nicholas - Tasks

Task 1:  Write a book wish list to St. Nick.

(wip)

Task 2: You are King / Queen for the day and can have 3 ‘wishes’:  one for yourself, one for your community (any version) and one for the world: What are they?

(wip)

Task 3: If your holiday family traditions should include bowls or plates filled with gingerbread, cookies, oranges / tangerines, chocolate, nuts and the like, share a photo with us!

Yes, my family used to do this. However, since I don't like mixing my fruit with the other goodies (and this years goodies are covered in messy icing sugar), I keep my Stollen bites separate from the fruit:

Task 4: List your 3 favorite books involving children being rescued from serious peril.

Children being rescued? Hm,...

1. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

2. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

3. Les Miserables

Book: with an orange or red cover or with nuts, chocolate or coins on the cover, set in The Netherlands or Germany, by a Dutch or German author, or with canals or beer on the cover.

I have read two books that fit this task as both were written by German authors (one originally published by a Dutch publisher): Der Fromme Tanz by Klaus Mann and Fabian by Erich Kaestner. (I haven't written reviews for either of the two, yet, so no links.)