24 Tasks: Día de los Muertos! - Tasks

Update - 04 Nov.: I added a (very bad) poem and a book.

-------------------

Ok, kicking off this game. I might not get to complete all tasks or I might complete tasks at different times, so I'll update this post as I complete the tasks:

Task 1:  Write a silly poem or limerick poking fun at the fiction character of your choice.

I hope you are all ready for some really bad poetry, because here it goes:

Crash, bang, boom, wallop -

sound the cards as they hit the deck,

Action and adventure are far removed from

Monday’s return to dreary office humdrum

Booze and charm are the tools of this man,

But in the end, it’s baddies blabbing their cunning plan

That saves James Bond’s neck.

Task 2:  Share your favorite gravestone epitaph (you know you have one).

And alien tears will fill for him
    Pity's long-broken urn,
For his mourners will be outcast men,
    And outcasts always mourn.

Yep. I still have a slight obsession with all things Wilde.

The epitaph is a verse from his Ballad of Reading Gaol.

Task 3:  Create an altar (either digital or physical) for your favorite book, series, or book character, and post a picture of it.  Inclusion of book cover encouraged.

(maybe later...or not)

Task 4: If you like Mexican food, treat yourself to your favorite dish and share a photo of it.

Coincidentally, I was planning to post a picture celebrating the start of the new Flat Book Society group read and with this Festive Task it looks like I can do both!

As for the food, this is as Mexican as it is going to get tonight. Chili Non Carne in soft tortilla boats with the obligatory avocado. (Note the dinosaur theme did not extend to the food.)

Book:  Re-read an old favorite from a now-deceased author, a book from a finished (dead) series, or a book set in Mexico.

I've started No. 17 by J. Jefferson Farjeon which is the first book in the Ben the Tramp series, which is a "dead" series.