Booklikes-opoly: Memorial Day Rolls

Following Moonlight Reader's announcement, here are my additional rolls for this weekend:

Roll #1:

5 2

Timestamp: 2017-05-26 20:28:01 UTC

....which takes me to: "Tomorrowland" Sq. 34 - Read a book tagged Middle Grade or YA on GR, or that has a child or children's toy on the cover".

Hmm. I'll need to think about this one.

Update - 27 May: Right. I don't like YA. There are several YA titles on my kindle that got there purely by what I must now admit as either lack of judgement, absentmindedness, or just sheer recklessness. But these titles are there:

Valentine Grey by Sandi Toksvig - apparently one person (still on page on of tags!) shelved this as young adult. Not sure if it is but the main pull for this one is Sandi Toksvig's usually perceptive sense of humour.

Divided City by Theresa Breslin - TB is of course a bona fide children's and YA author, so no concerns here about fitting the category. The downside is that this book is about football and the sectarianism connected with the two Glasgow teams - Rangers and Celtic. The only good reason for me reading this book is that today is the day of the Scottish Cup Final (Celtic v Aberdeen).

I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson - No idea why I got this, and the blurb seems to say this heavy on romance, which at this point is an instant disqualification.

So,.....

I think I will go with Divided City. At least it is short. If I can't get motivated to read this today as much of my city is wearing football shirts (not me, I'm off to the Aberdeen Uni May Festival!!!), it will probably never happen.

Roll #2:

4 5

Timestamp: 2017-05-26 20:35:07 UTC

....which takes me to: "Fantasyland" Sq. 6 - Climb the Matterhorn! Read a book that is set in a Western European country or has a wintry scene on the cover".

I have just the book for this square: The Gilded Chalet: Off-Piste in Literary Switzerland by Padraig Rooney.