Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - J.K. Rowling, John Kerr Tiffany, Jack Thorne

I will keep this brief.

There was little I liked about this book. The little there was were the three young characters Albus, Scorpius, and Rose. I loved that they were not cast as repeats of their parents and that their background did not determine their character or actions, which, I guess, it the main message of the book/play.

That was it.

Other than this....oh, dear.

The story is like a Greatest Hits compilation of all the best loved or most famous parts of the HP series that is thrown into a mix with Back to the Future.

None of the characters from the original books were anything like they should be.

I mean, come on, Snape ending his sentences with "..., boy" rather than "..., Potter" ? It made him sound like he was taken out of Gone with the Wind, not HP.
I also had problems with McGonagall, Harry, Dumbledore, ... really anyone who was in the original stories.
There was a lot of cringe-worthy dialogue, too. And then, of course, there was the twist...
I will not give it away, but if you really think about it, it is absurd and also made me go "eew".
Anyway, I read it. Thankfully, I was able to borrow the book rather than buying it.