Task the First: The Winter Wonderland

Well, I don't have any pictures of snow to share as yet, and maybe snow won't happen during the Twelve Tasks of the Festive Period, but I managed to snap a few great pictures of a deceptively sunny day yesterday. I had a day off work and wanted to make most of it, so I took myself out for a stroll down the beach.

I say it was deceptively sunny because it was absolutely freezing even though there was little wind. And even tho there was no snow, the ground was frozen and the grass still showed patches of frost at lunchtime.

Still, there was something unusually warm about the colours at the beach yesterday, that made the walk very enjoyable. I often go out along the same route but so far have never been bored observing new aspects of it - whether it be wildlife (occasionally we have seals or dolphins in addition to the feathered regulars), the different conditions of the sea, or just the colours.

Task the First: The Winter Wonderland:

- Read a book that is set in a snowy place.

- If you are lucky enough to live in a snowy place, or even if you aren't, take a walk outside and post a picture of something pretty you encountered on your way.!